“Let’s create an SDGs heritage – SDGCultheritage”
Project Website: https://www.sdgheritage.eu/
Implementation period: 01/02/2023 – 31/01/2025
Duration: 24 months
- Antroposervice Sas – Applicant and Coordinator (Italy)
- Institute of Greek Philosophy – partner (Greece)
- Foundation for Landscape Protection – partner (Poland)
- Espacio Tormaleo S.L.– partner (Spain)
- Cyprus Sustainable Tourism Initiative – partner (Cyprus)
The transnational kick-off meeting and training & networking event was held successfully on 8-9 July in Ascoli Piceno, Italy.
SDGCultheritage – Let’s create an SDGs heritage is the result of a cooperation between five European cultural organisations with the aim to:
- Paving the way for Organizations within the sector of Culture & Creative Industries to align their strategies and operations to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Raising awareness within Partner organizations, staff, recipients of activities, stakeholders, wider public through the communication mainstreaming of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Every partner organization will organize a creative event to promote mainstreaming and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals with the following main features:
- In Italy it entails dance and music, poetry, visual arts, theatre in combination or stand-alone, involving among others local artists/ organizations.
- In Cyprus it will be based on sustainable tourism, combining protection and valorization of natural heritage and natural resources, reduction of ecological/carbon footprint.
- In Greece it will be organized in the places where classical Greek philosophy was developed and taught, such as for instance: the Platonos Academy, the Aristotle High School, the Zinonos’ Vault, Delphi.
- In Poland it will be based on valorization of cultural heritage and/or landscape, its preservation, protection and conservation practices, also taking into account the archaeological perspective.
- In Spain it will be based on a creative synergy with the undergoing regeneration activities of this ex-mining area in southwest of Asturias, combining leisure, tourism, culture and entrepreneurship to transform Tormaleo area in a hub for rural economic development through culture and art.
Two transnational training and networking events with participants from all Partner Organizations, will be useful to explore how culture can enable environmental sustainability and sustainable development at various levels, such as the symbolic links between cultural diversity and biodiversity, consumption patterns, and its contribution to sustainable environmental management practices. Main features:
- Italy: based on a blend of theoretical classes and practical sessions to acquire knowledge and competences in relation to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and SDGs and potential alignment of Partners’ strategies and operations.
- Poland: based on a blend of theoretical classes and practical sessions on the following: skills to combine CCIs with life skills and sustainable development competences also according to specific thematic focus.
The creation and publication of an alignment and mainstreaming handbook: containing theoretical and practical knowledge, with a user-friendly approach for all, to align and integrate the Sustainable Development Goals within the strategies and operations of Partner organizations as well as to mainstream the SDGs in and through CCIs, which can be of general value and be used by other organizations within the industry.
The project also intends to respond to the specific challenge of valorizing the human resources within Partner organizations and in general within the CCIs towards upskilling paths, providing original knowledge connected to sustainable development.
Familiarize yourself with the SDGs below & Learn How You Can Contribute here.
The SDGs are connected as follow to the:
Visit the UN’s website on the 2030 Agenda to learn more